We’ve been toying with doing Taylor Joelle cactus dresses for quite a while now. We’ve finally decided to pull the trigger and make it happen! These dresses will hit the site June 20th!
We’ve got a winning 4th of July Dress! How perfect is this swing dress paired with some red accessories? A comfortable, and oh so cute dress for your summer BBQs and gatherings.
These dresses launch May 30th at 9:00am MST. Quantities are limited. They will be available HERE
I just got back from a 5 night stay in Cancun with my parents and children, and I have to blog about it! I’m a mom of 5 kids, so finding a perfect family resort can be tricky. This post is not sponsored. I wasn’t given any freebies on this trip. Just wanted to share with you this awesome resort, and why it was perfect for my young kids. We traveled in May just before school ended so it was really quiet and nice.
Here’s what I loved about the resort:
- The biggest plus for my family was the Daisy Club (a daycare for ages 4-12). My 4 and 7 year old absolutely LOVED this club. It’s open from 9am – 4pm daily, and when I come to get them at 4pm, they don’t want to leave. They loved their leader, Irene, and had a blast with all the fun activities she facilitated. Here’s a few: water balloon fights, pool games, pinatas, evening dance parties (up on the stage), sand castle contests, crafts, tag on the beach, movies, and more. Irene even brought my kids to lunch at the buffet each day.
- Another BIG plus was the the food. This was my first time to Cancun, but my parents have been several times. My parents told me that at other resorts they usually get tired of the buffet after the first couple days. At Ocean Coral, we could have eaten from that buffet daily for a month or more. It was soooo good! Quality food with tons of variety. My favorite was the fresh fruit smoothie bar. You load up the fruits of veggies you want (beets, kale, melon pineapple, really anything you can imagine) and they will make the juice for you. There was pretty much any food you could imagine at the buffet. The restaurants were all so good. There’s a Creperie, Italian restaurant, Route 66 (burgers), Mexican (my personal fav), and a Tepanyaki restaurant. My kids loved this one. The food tasted amazing and they loved watching the chef cook and put on a show right in front of them. As far as food is concerned, the only thing I think this resort needed was better “snack bars”. They had hot dogs, burgers, fries, and sometimes sandwiches available, but what they really needed were some chips and guacamole. You could get this at the buffet, but I would have loved to have it by the pool or on the beach.
- The pools were fantastic. We explored the different pools and played around a little bit, but we always ended back up at the kids pool. It was quiet and relaxing. Each day they did different activities by the pools such as water aerobics, dancing, a giant water slide, and a bubble party.
- The resort had a teen club. It looked really cool, but they said most of the video games weren’t working and it was “boring”. Hopefully in the future they will improve the teen club with some better updated games, and more organized activities.
- Not the resort’s fault, but the beach had a lot of sea weed. It’s been a big problem in Cancun lately. It didn’t stop my kids from swimming and having fun on the beach!
Here’s a little video we put together that should give you a Mom’s perspective on this resort.
It’s that time of year where you want your kids to have easy on and off summer shoes! Here’s a few of my favorites!
These Cat and Jack sandals from target and only $9.99. Plus right now they are buy one get one 60% off!!
There a million other SUPER cute sandals on sale right now at target, but the ones above are my pics for easy shoes that can get wet!
Next, up are these Zara sandals. Not necessarily water shoes, but they look like an ultra cute summer sandal for the beach.
And for boys?
We love the way that native is color blocking some of their shoes. These adorable ones can be found at Tea Collection
And last of all, a couple of weeks ago I was on the hunt for some sandals for Cohen. I went into Norstrom Rack. They had super cute things, but nothing that was his size. Next door was Burlington Coat Factory. I hadn’t been in that store in about a decade, but I had some time to kill, so I decided to go in. I walked out of the store with sandals for each of my boys. They had Adidas sliders for only $10. I had been searching online these and they were double that price online. So check out local Burlington Coat Factory. You may be surprised what you find!
We’ve got a Taylor Joelle rainbow tutu dress in production, and I am thrilled! This dress will be available early August 2018.
I hope this trend sticks around for a while, because it sure makes me happy!
Here are some of our favorite 2018 rainbow trends:
Moms in Rainbow Stripe
Watch: Urban Outfitters
Sweater: Forever 21
Kids in Rainbow Stripe
Romper: Cotton On
Shoes: Next Direct
Jacket: Little Bird by Jools
Pinafore: Taylor Joelle
Socks and Purse: Next Direct
Celebrities in Rainbow Stripe
Sarah Jessica Parker
Chloe Grace Moretz
Our dinosaur tutu dress was such a hit, that we thought we’d bring it back. This time in pink! Here’s a throw back to our previous one.
Here’s our Taylor Joelle pink version coming April!
This dino tutu makes the perfect party dress for your dinosaur loving girl! Here’s a few dino party ideas:
Dinosaur Party Invitations (these invites alone want to make me plan a dino party)
Source: Oh Happy Plan
Perfect DIY party favor: Dino Egg Soap.
Instructions can be found on buzzfeed
Dino Paleontologist Sheet Cake
Activity: Digging for Dinosaurs
Hide a bunch of plastic dinosaurs in a pool full for sand, for the party guests to dig and find. Source: Catch My Party
We’d like to start featuring easy, current ways to style your Taylor Joelle Pinafore. So to start this off, here’s a fun, simple and bright look!
Get the look!
Top – Next Direct
Shoes – Next Direct
Purse – Next Direct
We’d love to see how you style you pinafore! Tag @taylorjoelledesigns in your pics on Instagram!
Easter’s approaching, and we wanted to come up with some fun, quick and quirky ways to decorate. So here are 3 free printables we hope you will enjoy. The sketches are created by Diane Robison (you can follow her on IG at @dianrobisondesigns). Simply right click to print. If you need to resize these images we recommend picmonkey.
We’ve got several tutu dresses in production, but I want to give you a peek at what Taylor Joelle tutu dress is coming next! Our pink lace tutu!
These have a zipper in the back, and a soft knit lining under the tulle. They will launch the last week of March!
It’s the perfect special occasion dress!