For family night last night, we decided to try a craft night. Next time I have this idea, please remind me not to do this will all 5 of my kids. It would have been so much more pleasant with 1 or 2 kids, or a small group of older kids. It was pure chaos.
- Mini pots (we bought packs of 3 at the dollar store)
- Paints and brushes
- Wheat Grass (you can purchase from your local health food store)
We loved using this green chalk paint (super cheap from Joanns), but any acrylic paint works.
1. Pick a base coat color for the pot, paint, and let dry
2. Practice drawing faces on paper. When you are ready, draw the face with pencil on the pot.
3. Draw over the face with a sharpie
4. Put the wheat grass in your pot.
I decided to do these white pots with faces inspired by The House That Lars Built
My mom did these adorable polka dot faces
Taylor did this super cute carrot pot. Love it!
So if you are looking for a family craft (i suggest doing it in shifts if you have a lot of kids) or for a youth activity (I use to be an Activity Days leader and this would have been perfect) this craft is simple, cheap, and lots of fun.
What to do with the extra wheat grass? Add some to your smoothie or blend some in your juice. Wheat grass is high in antioxidants and contains, iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E.