Summer is the perfect time of year to spend time with the family outdoors. The kids are out of school and we are always looking for more ways to entertain them all and spend time together. What would be more fun than creating a space for all of this in your own back yard? We have rounded up our favorite DIY ideas for turning your yard into a beautiful and fun place to get active, soak up the sun, enjoy the beauty, and spend time together. Check it out!
DIY Fire Pit – When I think back on the summers of my childhood, I think of sitting around the fire and roasting s’mores! It was one of my favorite past times! Now, there’s no need to go camping to create this experience! Create your own fire pit in your back yard!
– Why not install your own zip line in your backyard? This will be sure to give your family hours of fun!
– We love the idea of building a climbing wall! We especially love this space that has a climbing wall, sandbox, in ground trampoline and more!
– How fun does this look? Move over tire swings, the skate board swing is the new cool kid on the block!
– This one is simple, yet so great for sensory play. It is PVC painted and mounted to 4×4 post. Pouring pebbles sand, water, and more down the pipes is so FUN! It makes cool sounds too!
– A great backyard isn’t all about the activities, but also about the atmosphere! This moss graffiti is a cheap and simple way to make your yard look fun and unique.
– Designed for tennis, badminton, volleyball or table tennis, this bright red multi-sport court features clever storage that tucks everything away when not in use.
DIY Balance Beam
– your little gymnast will love this balance beam! Plus, it’s cheap and easy to make!
Backyard Movie Theater
– This looks so fun! Can I have this like right now? Family movie night will never be the same.
– Light up your path by painting solar paint on your stones!