1) Make a Movie with cousins or friends – Here’s a great site that gives them step by step instructions.
2) Gingerbread house competition – Set out Graham crackers, frosting and all the topping and set the timer for 30 min. Then have them present their work to the “judges” – each kid should receive a price (example: most creative, most durable, etc..)
3) Christmas movie and hot cocoa bar – Let each child invite a friend over for a Chirstmas movie. Before or after the movie have the kids create their own cocoa from a hot cocoa bar.
4) DIY Christmas crackers – As a child, we loved to do Christmas crackers at Christmas dinner. They also work great for new years. Here’s a great DIY tutorial: http://ohhappyday.com/2012/11/christmas-crackers-diy/
5) DIY Neighbor gifts – Have the kids help with some neighbor gifts and then do ring and runs.
Here are some of our favorite easy ones to do with kids: